Re: [LAU] ground loop hell

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2015 - 23:48:20 EET

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:35:23 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:53:42 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
> >> I was going to put in a network cable anyway (if we use it right now
> >> or not) but could aslo put in optic line(s).
> >
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:37:59 -0800, David Christensen wrote:
> >> The product lines have short life cycles.
> >
> > Before I mounted the cable conduits and rendered the walls, I pulled
> > ropes through the cable conduits, so I easily could pull
> > through a cable years later, using the ropes to pull the cables through,
> > even if already some cables were inside the cable conduits.
>
> I will have to see if I can do this... Assuming conduits get used. Things
> may end up behind gyprock.

If pulling through (especially) conduit or trunking, then if at all possible
pull all the cables together, otherwise you run the risk of new ones rubbing
through old ones with 'interesting' consequences.

Also, don't forget to pull a new cord through as well - the next guy may be you!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk