Re: [LAU] ground loop hell

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Feb 14 2015 - 00:31:49 EET

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:05:21 -0800, jim wrote:
>If you're pulling more than two or three
>wires or even a couple of wires through
>pipes with turns
Len:
>> I will have to see if I can do this... Assuming conduits get used.
>> Things may end up behind gyprock.

I used (and still would use) conduits behind gyprock too and I avoided
turns. You likely can't chose to use surface-mounted cable channels (of
the kind that can be opened) on the walls, but perhaps the building has
got a suspended ceiling. Even if it doesn't has got a suspended ceiling,
under a "normal" ceiling you could use cable channels that can be
opened, assumed the room is high enough. OTOH those cable channels
might look ugly.

However, behind gyprock walls and between the a ceiling and a suspended
ceiling, I used and still would use some kind of tube too.