Re: [LAU] OM6.9 on Arch

From: Daniel Appelt <daniel.appelt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 14 2015 - 03:12:09 EET

Hi Anders,

openmusic now seems to run on my system! I am able to import the
tutorial patches and load them - I have only tried the very first.
This is what I get as output when starting it (I am still on the
previous release):

[daniel@tallinn ~]$ openmusic
Warning: G-domain : Gtk, level 16: Im Modulpfad �adwaita� konnte keine
Themen-Engine gefunden werden,
Warning: G-domain : Gtk, level 16: Im Modulpfad �adwaita� konnte keine
Themen-Engine gefunden werden,
"could not load foreign-library libsamplerate"
"Loaded SDIF lib: libsdif.so"

The problem on my system was not in gdk-pixbuf but in libtiff
(lib32-libtiff 4.0.3-2,
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-libtiff/).
Somehow, a comparison inside a C macro does not yield the expected
result when executed in 32 bit on x86_64 here.

This is the macro (tiffiop.h:235):

#define SeekOK(tif, off) \
(TIFFSeekFile((tif),(off),SEEK_SET)==(off))
#endif

The macro yields false even if the value returned from TIFFSeekFile
and off are identical in this setup.
I really don't know why that is. The macro seems to be in use since
some time, and I guess that this is
the case even in your 32bit environment. So, I guess it is either my
architecture or due to some gcc "optimization".

In order to make the test program and openmusic run here I had to
replace the call to the macro with the
original source in just one place (tif_read.c:376). The macro and
other similar looking macros are in use
in some more places though.

Just for reference, which version of 32 bit libtiff are you using in
your 64 bit environment?

Cheers, Daniel