Re: [LAU] Alternative Kernel for Mint 17.1?

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 17 2015 - 20:45:24 EET

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:24:07 PM Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:08:36 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Monday, February 16, 2015 12:47:28 PM Will Godfrey wrote:

> > > There is interest :)
> >
> > Line wrap disabled!
>
> <snip goodies>
>
> Ta Muchly.

You're welcome. As I noted, its been in use for a long time here, well in
excess of a decade, so there is some cruft, but the notes are there.

As someone else pointed out, there is a possibility of adding a few lines
and actually generating a deb with the make-kdeb facility. But that is
something I have never felt the need to do.

To whoever made those suggestions (Ralf?) hop right in & if it breaks, you
get to keep all the pieces. ;-)

Those added lines to make the deb, I would also terminate with the && \
so that if it breaks, you can hopefully still see why on screen or with
some scrollback. I have that normally set for 100K lines here.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)