Re: [LAU] New real-time patch available for 3.18

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2015 - 12:37:49 EET

On 02/16/2015 09:53 PM, Robert Jonsson wrote:

>> That is very good news!
>

> I've been out of the RT loop for a long time, what's the current status of
> audio RT in linux?
> Is there someplace one can read up or better keep asking here?
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

After the release of the RT patchset for 3.14 the RT head honcho
communicated that for him maintaining the RT patchset moved out of the
professional domain into the hobby sphere. Subsequently no RT patchset
for 3.16 was released and people started to worry about the future of
the RT patchset. Now there is a patchset for 3.18, -rt2 has just been
released, and it seems there will also be a RT patchset for the upcoming
4.0 kernel.

Jeremy