Re: [LAU] Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx > 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 27 2015 - 18:06:20 EET

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:18:35 +0100
> From: sub <subvertao@email-addr-hidden>
> i received a mail from the band in which they tell me
> that the mix is faster and at a higher pitch than the
> audio they recorded through a video camera at the
> concert.

Video cameras record at 48k rate, so someone will need to rate convert.
Either the camera audio will need to be converted to 44.1k or your audio
will need to be converted to 48k.
Which you choose probably does not matter, but everyone involved needs to
know and agree on the chosen project sample rate.
If the final output will be a video then converting every thing to 48k is
probably the easiest choice. If the final output will be a CD (or audio
only files) then probably 44.1k is the easiest choice. If you will have
both a video and audio only files, my choice would be working in 48k and
then sample rate convert the final mix to 44.1k for CD.

--
Chris Caudle