Re: [LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - reliable?

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2015 - 15:56:58 EET

Hi Ben,

I can only answer some of these questions. The 1010s will have slightly
> lower latency. Mine runs at 16/2,

I sometimes wonder about numbers like these and if I'm doing something
wrong or if it's incredibly hardware dependent. I've never ever come close
to running at 16/2 in a stable manner. 128/2 I could run reasonbly stable
with the Delta 44. Now with firewire it's harder still.
Do you really get this without xruns? Any magic tricks? How much have you
tweaked your settings to get there?

Regards,
Robert