Re: [LAU] RME multiface detected as digiface

From: Tito Latini <tito.01beta@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 13 2015 - 19:14:44 EET

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:13:27PM +0100, Peter P. wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> the following problem is giving me headache since a very long time:
>
> My RME Multiface connected via the ExpressCard to my Lenovo X201s
> running Debian/GNU testing is 20% of the time detected as Digiface when
> inserting the card into the computer. Dmesg tells me that
> Hammerfall-DSP: Digiface found
>
> I have to eject the card multiple times and power cycle the Multiface
> until it is eventually randomly detected as the multiface it is.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? Does anyone have
> similar experiences?

The code in `hdsp_get_iobox_version' (sound/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c) seems
to fail with the ExpressCard (perhaps it is related to HDSP_SHORT_WAIT).

If you have/use only the Multiface, you could try to replace this
function with

static int hdsp_get_iobox_version (struct hdsp *hdsp)
{
        hdsp->io_type = Multiface;
        snd_printk("Hammerfall-DSP: Multiface found\n");
        return 0;
}

and recompile the module.