[LAU] rtirq

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 15 2015 - 01:12:01 EET

There was a comment a while ago about not listing rtc in rtirq a while
ago, that there are other better timers to use on modern systems anyway.

Does audio SW generally use these other timers by default then? Is it
worth while removing rtc from my rtirq config?

The default rtirq list is:
rtc snd usb i8042

I have found that in the case of two sound cards it is best to be more
specific:

rtc snd_ice1712 snd i8042

(I have removed usb because I don't use it for anything)

The other question is why is i8042 included? Is it used for more than
kb/mouse? It seems odd that the kb/mouse has higher priority than disk
writes for example.

For use of things like netjack (or other AoIP sw), should eth0 (or
whatever eth is used for audio) be added to this list? (if one eth is used
for audio and the other for Inet, then separating them into hi and lo
priority makes sense)

Asking questions because I don't know, maybe disk writes are buffered well
enough it doesn't matter.

I have not had problems with xruns with the setup I have, but would like
to know anyway.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net