Re: [LAU] rtirq

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2015 - 11:02:57 EET

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>Two drives allows simultanious read and write.

Not really ;), at least here the recordings usually are read from the
same disk they were saved to ;). I guess that loading an app or lib, or
something that not really happens.

More interesting would be to get more information about the timer issue.
I'm using hr timer for MIDI, but when I tried to start jackd with hpet,
I always got messages similar to "not enough timers available" (I can't
start an audio session right now, I will post the correct messages
at another time). If we remove RTC from the config, do we need to
replace it with something else? Using hr timer for MIDI reduced MIDI
jitter on my machine, but I never had an hr timer entry in rtirq.