Re: [LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.6 - The Lazy Tachyon is out!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rui.capela@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2015 - 11:08:12 EEST

On 03/30/2015 08:23 AM, David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 29 March 2015 22:57:39 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> On 03/29/2015 09:07 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:

>>> I hadn't noticed that :(
>>>
>>> Hmmm.
>>> I thought qt 4 & 5 were supposed to be able to work side-by-side.
>>
>> you can either build for qt4 *or* qt5 but not both.
>
> Yes. Demands Qt5.1. Problem is that specifying qt4 did not work.

maybe debian is promoting libqt5-dev search paths ahead of libqt4-dev ?

what gives when you just type and enter `qmake --version` on regular
terminal console? check if the path is a symlink.

>> if you have both development libraries and headers installed, guess it's
>> libqt4-dev and libqt5-dev on debian, you should state at configure time
>> which on do you target. eg.
>>
>> ./configure --enable-qt5
>> ./configure --with-qt5=/path/to/qt5 (ie. where bin, lib* and include
>> sub-directories are located)
>>
>> nb. configure assumes --enable-qt4 by default.
>>
>> although all qstuff can be built on qt5 it is still NOT the recommended
>> target, specially for qtractor where you miss some important lv2 plugin
>> gui support: libsuil doesn't work with qt5 and probably never will. sorry.
>>

> The other dependencies are also not up-to-date, even for qt4. Might need to
> wait for the Debian maintainers to update the distro's package (currently
> 0.6.5, no terribly older).

maybe you can try the always up-to-date kxstudio repos.?
   http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Repositories

byee

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela