Re: [LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.6 - The Lazy Tachyon is out!

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2015 - 17:25:20 EEST

On Monday 30 March 2015 14:53:20 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 11:43 AM, David Baron wrote:

> >> 1. revert the symlink switch you've made;
> >> 2. ask the debian dudes how to work properly with that "qtchooser" thing
> >> which is said to be a "wrapper to select between qt development binary
> >> versions" according to its own manifest.
> >>
> >> byee
> >
> > Yes, I will file the bug.
>
> note that it is not a bug. at least from my pov. what you should do is
> about making qtchooser to select the qt4 development environment,
> instead of keeping to qt5 as it seems to be the default.
>
> maybe reading `man qtchooser` might help you there

OK. One must set (export) a QT_SELECT=4 or such before running ./configure.
Since qmake never needed such an environment variable or argument before, I do
consider this a bug. An example is that the ./configure here did not set that
variable or supply an argument based on choices made by its qt choice argment.
No one knew one needed it and the ./configure --help said that qt4 was default.

So Rui, please implement (and the default qt4) in the configure.