Re: [LAU] Behringer and Linux

From: Felix Homann <linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2015 - 18:18:35 EEST

Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> schrieb am Mo., 6. Apr. 2015 um
10:54 Uhr:

> :-) You're trying very hard to get Behringer in the clear, but most of
> you argumentation is wrong or irrelevant.

You Fons, on the other hand, are trying very hard to bash them for whatever
reasons you have. Remember that this discussion started out as a discussion
about the X32 and X18 line of products and Linux. You have had absolutely
nothing to say about them. Null!
Actually, I don't care wether or not that cheap USB thingy that you can't
even name has had any issues. It's at most just anecdotal evidence in a
case against cheap USB devices.
Most anyone has his or her Behringer nightmare story. They have their
reputation and rightly so. But I'm curiuos about their ability to change.
And I'm more then surprised that I haven't heard a single bad word about
their X32 line. Remember, these devices are not totally new on the market
anymore, there should be someone pointing out serious issues by now - if
there are any!
So please, don't disturb discussions that might help in finding out if this
line might really be a new kind of Behringer or not by wasting our time
with old and often told folklore about the (missing) quality of Behringer
products. If you have any kind of experience with the X32 or X18 line, good
or bad, please tell us. If not, well, ...

Regards,
Felix