Re: [LAU] Recording a video with High quality audio

From: Jannis Achstetter <jannis_achstetter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2015 - 07:50:50 EEST

Am 20.04.2015 um 21:25 schrieb Ivan K:
> Thank you for your help; this is a lot to take in, though I am not
> adverse to working on the command line, and many times I prefer it.

Good to hear that :)

> In your first example, it seems I need to substitute something
> for "jackaudiosrc". What might I put there?

Right, I was assuming you are using the JACK audio server. If not you
can use "alsasrc" or "pulsesrc", depending on your setup. You can always
get a list of available elements using "gst-inspect-1.0".

> Also, I am surprised to see the use of the "!" character as
> opposed to the pipe "|". Is the "!" particular to bash?

The "!"s are not specific to bash but to gstreamer. It's not several
processes that are started and piped together by bash but it's several
gstreamer elements that are piped together by gstreamer. Hence, the "|"
doesn't work here.

> I am taking a look at the documentation. Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Best regards,
        Jannis