[LAU] Create A Negative of the sound

From: Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 24 2015 - 12:06:56 EEST

Hi,

Is there any software that can create a negative of the sound? I'm
thinking of taking an arbitrary frequency bandwith, pick a center and
invert it, so that bass becomes high, and high becomes bass? I have the
feeling this is an impossible task due to the nature of sound. But i
dreamed it up last night, so it HAS to be possible somehow, if i can
trust the comic books of the fifties containing TabletPC, space-rockets
and wireless phones. :D

In the dream, they would use some software similar to the ones used to
remove noise from audio, where you see an abstract colour representation
of the sound, and you can kindof "paint" out the undesired noise. Then
they would just, flip the coulours arround. We first listened to a drum
track (in the dream, yeah?), and the highhats would sound like kickdrum
and the kickdrum soundet a bit like highhats. Then they applied it on
the entire song track (still in a dream ok) and it sounded so good that
my enthusiasm woke me up...

Thankfull for any explanations and ideas,

Yours dreamfully,

--
Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer