Re: [LAU] Alsa setup question

From: Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2015 - 07:55:17 EEST

Am 28.04.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Christopher Arndt:
> Am 28.04.2015 um 20:55 schrieb Chris Caudle:
>> [...], and if I start jack then pulse
>> connects to jack instead of directly to the ALSA interface.
> A way to that, which has been working very well on my system for the
> past few years is described here in the Arch wiki:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#The_new_way
>
> (I have decreased the sleep time in the 'pulse-jack-pre-stop.sh' script
> to 1 second, and it still works).
>
> The only problem is that often Pulse clients, which are already running
> when Jack starts and the Pulse redirection happens (e.g. video players
> in the browser or similar), still output to the Pulse sink of the audio
> interface (and are therefor silent). I then have to use pavucontrol or a
> similar tool to switch their output to the Pule jack sink.
>

> Chris

I use as well a script to handle pulse and jack. As well I notice the
un-clean behave of the pulse-sink when switched while a client is
running. I noticed that switch the module-jack-source twice with a
timeout between, makes it work stable.
As well I save my used Default sink before switch to jack, and reuse it
when I switch jack of.
This works for me absolute stable. Additional option in the script is,
to suspend pulse if you would run a session without pulse enabled.
Introduction to the script is here:

   http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13234

the script is here:
https://github.com/brummer10/pajackconnect/blob/master/pajackconnect