Re: [LAU] audio interface Terrasoniq Phase X-64 USB

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2015 - 13:49:29 EEST

Hi Nero,

> Ik krijg deze audio interface helaas niet aan de praat in Linux Studio.
> Hij wordt wel herkend met het commando:
> dmesg | grep usb.
OK - so the interface is not working correctly, but dmesg lists the device.

A bit of googling led me to the Ardour forums and some other mailing
list questions:
https://community.ardour.org/node/7058 (links to broken forum..)
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.arch.general/39323

Some bad news here..
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2010/09/0358.html

> Wie heeft tips voor mij ?
Although there are dutch speakers on the list - the defacto language
used is English. If you can, lets keep the discussion in English, so
other readers in future have a better chance of understanding :)

Unless something has changed, that Terrateq are releasing USB spec
info or something.. it probably won't work :/

Perhaps email Terrateq and inform them that for thier hardware to be
usable via ALSA that they must provide information on how the device
communicates over the USB 2.0 link.

If the device has a USB 1.0 class compliant mode, then that will work
OOTB though.
Hope that helps, -Harry

--
http://www.openavproductions.com