Re: [LAU] Jack fails in QJackCtl but not in command line

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 04 2015 - 02:12:18 EEST

On Sun, 3 May 2015, Len Ovens wrote:

>> From a terminal, you may wish to find out if it is jackd or jackdbus you
> are using. But if Gladish (and I presume Jacksink in pulse) are working, it
> sounds like it does work.

I meant to add another line or two...
ps x |grep jack
should show something like this:
13401 ? SLl 7:19 /usr/bin/qjackctl
15503 ? SLsl 1:47 /usr/bin/jackdbus auto
17396 pts/1 S+ 0:00 grep --color=auto jack

If there is also a jackd... qjackctl is probably not controlling that one.
You may have to killall -9 jackd to get rid of it. Jack_control exit
should get rid of the jackdbus. (killall of course will work there too)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net