Re: [LAU] Ardour Version Question: 2 versus 3?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 04 2015 - 23:36:23 EEST

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 04:03:06PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> A4 now has about 3000 bug fixes compared to A2. I suppose that if you know
> that A2 never has a problem with your workflow, good for you.

But how many of those 3000 bugs were A2 bugs, and not related
to new features or changes in A3 ?

That said, except for the memory issue there was for me
no reason to stay with A2. Of the 10 systems or so I used
in Parma all had A3 shortly after it was released, the
only exception being the 1/2 GB laptop. And that was used
for recording only, so using just a tiny fraction of the
available features. In that role it was (and still is)
quite stable.

Ciao,

--
FA