[LAU] PCI1 and new motherboards - a tip

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 24 2015 - 12:04:44 EEST

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading my computer HW, but still want to use
my old trusted M-Audio delta 1010 cards. Two times, I have had to buy a
motherboard with old PCI ports, or that is what I have believed for some
years. Today I found this on the 'Net:

http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Slot-Extension/PCI-Express-to-PCI-Adapter-Card~PEX1PCI1

..and will probably find more if I dig further. After overlooking this
kind of solutions for years, and also seeing this topic coming up at
this list for years, I feel a little stupid. :-)

I know that many of you still have PCI1 state of the art cards of
different kinds and I hope that this solution will work for yo if you
consider to upgrade your computer HW.

Jostein