Re: [LAU] Shielded electrical wiring for studio (or not)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2015 - 08:23:14 EEST

Hahah, they'll ban me from the list because I sent three mails instead
of one.

Only use one source for the mains. Different sources could come with
different potential and ground could become extremely dangerous.

While your single coil guitar's strings are connected to ground
and the guitar amp has another source for the mains than the mixer that
the microphone is connected to, then if you'll "kiss" the
microphone while singing and playing guitar, the potential differences
aren't funny anymore.