Re: [LAU] Drumgizmo

From: Blaise Alleyne <email+music@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2015 - 20:05:58 EEST

On 02/06/15 12:41 PM, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:
> On 02. juni 2015 17:47, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 06/02/2015 05:24 PM, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:
>>> I wanted to try drumgizmo on my ubuntu studio 14.04 box [...]
>>
>> [...] You can also add the KXStudio plugins repository and install it from
>> there: https://launchpad.net/~kxstudio-debian/+archive/ubuntu/plugins
>>

> [...] after adding that repository, still neither synaptic nor apt-get install can
> find drumgizmo

Did you refresh/update, e.g. apt-get update, after you added the KXStudio
repository?

I just installed drumgizmo from the KXStudio repos on Ubuntu Studio 14.04 last
Thursday.

Also, from my Debian machine, I can see the package in the repos:
$ apt-cache search gizmo
drumgizmo - drum plugin comparable to commercial products

`sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install drumgizmo` should work...

(NOTE: With the KXStudio repo enabled, you'll get a ton of other update
notifications for more recent versions of other audio production software... The
KXStudio repo carries some things that aren't packaged for Ubuntu Studio, but
also more recent versions of a bunch of things that are.)