Re: [LAU] Shielded electrical wiring for studio (or not)

From: David Christensen <dpchrist@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2015 - 07:21:29 EEST

On 06/02/2015 06:32 AM, Glen MacArthur wrote:
> ... I've received a few mic
> shocks to the lips over the years when I used to run a vintage amp without
> a ground (it only had a ground lift toggle switch)... It didn't take me
> long to upgrade the wiring to a fully grounded cord.. :)..

I'm curious -- if an electric guitar amplifier has a two-conductor power
supply cord (with hot and neutral conductors only) and a "ground lift"
switch, what does the switch do?

Can you provide an example make and model that has a schematic available
on the web? For example:

     http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/

David