Re: [LAU] io GNU/Linux 2015.03 released

From: Manu Kebab <io.gnu.linux@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2015 - 16:06:21 EEST

Le vendredi 5 juin 2015, 16:39:47 Filipe Coelho a écrit :
> On 06/05/2015 03:10 PM, Manu Kebab wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > New images are ready for testing ;)
>
> Hi there!
> I have a few questions...
>
> > Kernel 4.0.4 and 4.0.4-rt
>
> Do you have the deb files for the kernel?
> Or for any of the other software?
>
> How do you push updates for users that install your distro?
>
> I see that you have some packages that are useless (at least zynadd,
> which only works in zynjacku but you don't include that).
> Are you selecting+testing the packages you provide or just packing as
> much stuff as possible?
>
> Besides the kernel, what other software/packages have you installed on
> the distro that are not in upstream debian?

Hi Filipe :)

You can get/check the repo at:
http://io.gnu.linux.free.fr/sid

I try to check that packages are working before pushing them to the repo, but
can't guarantee that all are working (for exemple, there's a problem with ISSE
while opening a wav file, I've to have a look soon for a fix)

Most of the packages installed in the distro come from Debian or Debian
multimedia, but sometimes some apps are missing from the repos or I may want
some apps patched for some functions (i.e: ffmpeg patched for screencasts with
Jack)... in this case I add programs to the io repo.

Thanks for pointing missing zynjacku, in fact it was momentarily removed
months ago (was not always instalable for Sid) and I forgot to reinclude it to
the packages-lists, that's done... next release will come with zynjacku :)

io GNU/Live was for a long time a Live only distro, and I guess that some
users may appreciate multimedia os that comes with a large panel of ready to
use apps.

Best regards :)

MK