Re: [LAU] make a VU meter listen to jack output ports

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 14 2015 - 01:48:00 EEST

On 06/13/2015 11:11 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> * Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> [2015-06-13 17:41]:
>> On 06/13/2015 10:24 PM, Peter P. wrote:
>>> * Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@email-addr-hidden> [2015-06-13 16:52]:

>>> Thank you Emanuele,
>>> I was afraid someone would say "qjackctl patchbay" ;)
>>> I am still afraid of this thing after several years of jack useage.
>>> Read this one too: http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/76
>>>
>>> How did you create your patchbay configuration to connect all possible
>>> jack applications that go to "out 1-2" also to "out 7-8"? Is there a
>>> wildcard option for all possible sources?
>>>

>> i'm sure Emanuele meant the "Forward" feature.
>
> Thanks Rui, I found a greyed out dropdown that reads "Forward". Is there
> any documentation on this?

note that you can only set an output to "Forward" to another definet
output so called socket--remember that a socket is an ordered set of
ports (plugs) in qjackctl patchbay concept.

once set to forward you shall see a vertical directed line connecting
those output sockets.

cheers

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela