Re: [LAU] Kurzweil PC3/K KB3 setup for x42-whirl

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 09:18:00 EEST

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 04:54:31 +0200
Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> One thing that B3 players regularly mention is that setBfree's drawbars
> are by default not [yet] like the real thing. Some of the stops (IIRC 3
> to 5) are too soft. That's part of ongoing research and tweaks.
> Another thing are signal-leakages, they differ depending on age
> maintenance, custom wiring,... Those are configurable in setBfree and
> now also easily accessible.

I used to know a B3 player - gone now - and he said the first thing he ever
did with one was to change the presets because he thought they were pretty naff.
I don't know if that was a general practice. If so, how 'default' is
default? Would any of them still have the original setup? IIRC they are wired
on to screw terminals.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk