Re: [LAU] Kurzweil PC3/K KB3 setup for x42-whirl

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2015 - 21:05:43 EEST

On 06/19/2015 07:13 PM, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 19.06.2015 um 04:54 schrieb Robin Gareus:
>> Do you think it makes sense to include those files with the upstream
>> setBfree? The PK3 may make sense, but not all distros ship Carla.
>
> The Carla setup is only necessary to map a MIDI CC to the Leslie
> slow/fast switch. If there is a way to do the same with the standalone
> version or with e.g. jalv, it wouldn't be needed.

No, and there's also no MIDI control planned for standalone x42-* jack
apps. OSC will probably show up at some point.

> BTW, one suggestion for improvement I have would be to change the order
> of the options of the Leslie motor control switch, so that "both slow"
> is first in the list and "both fast" last. That way one could use a MIDI
> CC, which toggles between values 0 and 127 to change between slow and
> fast, which is the operation which is used most often during playing. As
> it is at the moment, you need to configure your MIDI controller so that
> it toggles between 64 and 127, which is unusual.

You can do that with setBfree itself e.g.

   setBfree midi.controller.upper.7=rotary.speed-toggle

binds MIDI CC 7 (of the midi-channel used for the upper-manual) to a
tremolo/chorale speed-toggle. You can also map and invert the range
using suffixes to the parameter.

but for the standalone version x42-whirl.lv2, you're at the liberty of
the LV2 host. midifilters.lv2 can help to pre-scale or re-map the value.

ciao,
robin