Re: [LAU] NEWBIE needs help: Multi-buffering

From: Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 21 2015 - 14:35:43 EEST

JACK is exactly designed for this use case. The documentation is bit hard to get from a beginner's perspective, but there are of sample apps that you can look at in the JACK distribution.

Basically all audio processing in Linux is done on a buffer-by-buffer basis with a several-buffer queue. You need to do nothing to get that, it's just the way the underlying system works.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble