Re: [LAU] Myo for Linux

From: Carlos sanchiavedraZ <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 01 2015 - 14:05:58 EEST

El 01/07/2015 04:34, "Andrés Pérez López" <contact@email-addr-hiddenezlopez.com>
escribió:

> Hi!
>
> You might know the Myo armband, that amazing gesture controller whose SDK
is not supported for GNU/Linux...

> You also might be aware that, thanks to the great work of David Zhu, it
is possible to access to the raw EMG (electromyography) data, as well as to
the IMU (orientation/acceleration) data, with no SDK, running a python
script.

> Upon that, I have just prepared a small ready-to-go python script, which
sends EMG and (now more accurate) IMU data through OSC. With it, it's now
possible to easily integrate Myo in your Linux audio workflow, with no need
for extra coding or for using a non-linux myo-dedicated extra device.
> I hope you might find it useful.
>
> Here it is --> https://github.com/andresperezlopez/myo-raw
>
> Best,
>
> a.
> --
> Andrés Pérez López
> www.andresperezlopez.com

Seems great, Andres.

Would like to see it in action. How is the latency?