Re: [LAU] Renoise Redux

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 01 2015 - 22:30:30 EEST

On 07/01/2015 09:13 PM, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> So that's basically it: I read the blurb but I'm not getting it in
> a practical day-to-day way. What would you do with Redux, in which way
> would you creatively use it, incorporate it in your workflows ?

A vst(i) is an instrument that shows up inside your host. some of the
advantages, compared to working with two programs, say ardour and
renoise, would be:

1) it's easier to restore the session, just open your project in your
host, and all "connections", levels, effects, automations, loading of
sounds are taken care of.

2) tighter integration, for instance you can easily render your finished
project in one go, exporting everything in one wav

3) at a logical level, everything gets to be the same, be it vst plugin
a, vst plugin b or ladspa plugin c. You just grab what you need for the
sound you want.

It's not really clear to me which host you're most familiar with, but
you should just get a few plugins running in that and play around to get
a feel for it...

Cheers

--
Atte