Re: [LAU] Renoise Redux

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 03 2015 - 00:02:59 EEST

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:28:39 +0100
Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Following on from that, I find the (short) ritual I have when firing
> up seems to settle me into the right frame of mind for creative work.

I tend to forget chords, setups and stuff, especially if it's kind of
improvised, or tracks done on the spur of the moment. For instance,
after some hours working on something I stumble on a riff. Then
quickly I brew up some tracks, beats, melody. Recorded in Ardour and
then put aside. 2 months later when I 'discover' the tracks and find
that there's something good there, well, the chords, melodies and all
are forgotten. I can bring them back, but it's extra work.

Now I make it a point to write down all notes, at least. I pop up
emacs and write tunings, notes (musical and info), tablatures.
If I've quickly sampled a percussion and played it in a strange note I
explain why. Etc. And then put it away. In Ardour I might have an empty
Renoise track to make me think that hey, there's some Renoise stuff
that goes along with this.

So from this point of view, I wouldn't mind bringing up the Ardour
tracks and everything else would also start configured - much like the
Calf, or any other, plugins, for instance.

It would be 'perhaps' nice if Ardour would have space to write text
session notes. It's fine with emacs, though.

My two cents. Cheers.