Re: [LAU] Job - Germany - Multimedia Hardware Technician

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 04 2015 - 11:35:44 EEST

On Thu, July 2, 2015 8:29 pm, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a long term salary opportunity for someone based in Germany working
> with audio and multimedia hardware technology. No specific programming
> skills required, but should have a strong understanding of Linux and a
> passion for dealing with a range of multimedia hardware technology at
> various interesting locations.
>
> Will need to travel around the country on a regular basis so must have
> valid driver license and enjoy driving on the autobahn. Own vehicle is
> also useful.
>
> Also should be comfortable using phone and email and prepared to work hard
> to meet deadlines.
>
> Starting in August/September depending on availability.
>
> Contact me offlist for more details or just send me your CV.

Are there really NO Germans ON THE LAU LIST who either want to work with
multimedia hardware on a daily basis while travelling around the country
to interesting locations OR no one who can assist with finding/recommend
anyone who does want a job like that?

It's a sweet job with a salary and long term employment working with
multimedia hardware and travel.

No one else wants to do a shout out on a German Linux Users Group or ask
around their local network?

I was under the impression that Germans loved driving their Bimmers on the
Autobahn and getting paid for it too. A job that combines driving and
working with multimedia hardware seems like a "no brainer" for this list.

At the moment I am a bit underwhelmed with the response from Germany.
However people in other parts of Europe seem to get it.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd