[LAU] jack 100% CPU when unplugging USB interface

From: Peter P. <peterparker@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2015 - 18:35:51 EEST

Hi list,

When I unplug my USB Audio interface while jackd is running on that very
card, jackd's CPU useage peaks and influences the whole operating system
(RT-kernel, jackd's priority is -11) becomes very unresponsive.

I know that I should not unplug it while jack is running, but sometimes
I forget that jack runs and this almost takes my computer down.

So I am wondering if there is any more elegant way of letting jack know
that a device has disappeared, or other solution to this.

Most looking forward to suggestions,
Peter