Re: [LAU] FM Synthesis introductory material

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2015 - 01:13:02 EEST

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:09:36 +0200 (CEST), F. Silvain wrote:
>The algorithms are drawn on the DX7, so a picture of the front panel
>should help.

That's the best suggestion anybody of us has given. I didn't think of
that, because I see my DX7 each day. Without knowing the 32 algorithms
it's impossible to have control over the DX7, or an DX7 emulator.

An operator below another operator is modulated by the operator above.
The pictures of the algorithms also show what operator(s) are affected
by the feedback value.

Knowing the algorithms anything else just needs practise by trail and
error.