Re: [LAU] outfitting a computer for songwriting in linux?

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 26 2015 - 17:17:17 EEST

Hi everyone,
let me tighten this Post a bit.
No, I do not own the keyboard yet, will allow that based on what will best
let me do the following.
1 let me connect directly to the card or computer, no interface.
2 work well with the midi functionality provided only by the command line
programs in Debian.
I am going to staff someone to write the scripts for me, solving the
configuring factor.
I do not wish to do full on audio production with this setup, I have other
tools for this actually.
instead my goal is to play via the keyboard and instrumentation the
parts for my pieces, and then use something like lillypond or muscript to
create printed music for live performance.
is that a touch more clear?
Karen