Re: [LAU] Octave plugin fx

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2015 - 12:54:46 EEST

On 07/27/2015 11:44 AM, Nicola wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know if there are good octave plugins/standalone available on Linux?

Hello Nicola,

There are a few octaver plug-ins, so far I've had the best results with
the MOD plugins:
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/2Voices
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/Capo
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/Drop
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/Harmonizer
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/Harmonizer2
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/HarmonizerCS
http://portalmod.com/plugins/mod-devel/SuperCapo

There's also rubberband and I also used autotalent since it has low
latency, quality is not that great though.

> My aim would be to use my guitar also as a bass guitar avoiding to buy one.
> Anybody tried this solution do you think is feasible?

Yes it's feasible but you need to get your system latency as low as
possible since pitch shifting plug-ins introduce some extra latency.

> Does guitarix for instance provide a tool like this now (I'm using an non-updated version on my Linux squeeze box)?

That's version 0.10.0, I don't think that version had a pitch shifting
module. You could give rakarrack a try too, it has a harmonizer module
which works quite well too.

Jeremy