Re: [LAU] Jack max ports question

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 01 2015 - 16:01:44 EEST

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Side note to Rui: I *do* dislike having this separate 'advanced'
> tab in the settings.

You don't have to provide support to the endless stream of people who
completely screw up their JACK system by naming the server, specifying
capture/playback devices rather than using the "Interface" selector,
screw around with thread priorities and on and on.

We provide those options in jackd specifically for users who know what
they are doing and have special needs. For most users, their existence
is a hazard and there's no justification for the most common JACK
control application to make their lives more complex by presenting a
bunch of stuff that looks understandable but actually isn't.