Re: [LAU] [LAA] Guitarix 0.33.0 release

From: Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sun Aug 02 2015 - 09:17:54 EEST

Am 02.08.2015 um 04:42 schrieb Hermann Meyer:

> Am 02.08.2015 um 00:32 schrieb jonetsu@email-addr-hidden:
>> On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 08:29:40 +0200
>> Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Release 0.33.0 is out,
>>> A new Fuzz section with emulations of the:
>>> Astrotone Fuzz
>>> Dunlop Fuzzface
>>> Fuzzface Roger Mayer Mods
>>> Fuzzface Fuller Mods
>>> Foxeylady
>>> Hornet
>>> Sustainer
>>> Muff
>>> Screaming Bird
>>> Colorsound Tonebender
>>> Vintage Fuzzmaster
>>> Ruiner
>>> Fat Furry Freak
>>> Fuzz Drive
>> I tried many of them. The sound always comes with an important part of
>> it clean. The jack connections are default, head to effects, effects
>> to out1 and out2. Is it possible to get a sound like a real big muff
>> pedal, or a Roland distortion pedal, the bzzzzz signing sound ? There
>> must be something wrong I'm doing. I double add the 'Fat Furry Freak'
>> which might provide a very fuzzy sound by its name, I switch it on
>> (green button) but the sound remains with a strong clean component. Is
>> it possible to have a Jimi Hendrix sound for instance ? I don't want
>> any clean sound, just fuzz.
>>
>> Cheers.
> Hi
>
> Seems that your signal bypass guitarix. Make sure that you can't hear
> your guitar when guitarix is switched of.
> Use alsamixer (terminal), select your card (F6) and turn down the
> output of your input line/mic.
>
> regards
> hermann

I've forgot to mention, that you need to turn on the input volume of
your input line. Press (F4) in the alsamixer terminal and go to line or
mic or what you use, and press key up/down to adjust the input volume.
(Turn down the PCM volume in this tap as well.)

Press (Esc) when done.

If all that didn't help, put one of the Boosters before the Fuzz plug.