Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux - Second & First

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2015 - 00:02:24 EEST

On 05. aug. 2015 15:20, F. Silvain wrote:
> Hey hey everyone,
> I'd like to announce this new track. Composed and recorded by J.P.C.
> with guitars by J. Bausch. Mixing and mastering by me. I believe this
> was fully made in Linux using Nama from start to finish. Including a
> host of plugins and soft- and hardware instruments.
> http://freeshell.de/~silvain/audio/second_and_first.ogg
>
> I'd appreciate feedback, if you have it. :)

Well, that was setting me 20 years back in time, to when I used to scour
record fairs for dusted gems of the (well, mostly anyway) 70's :-)

But, reminding me of older music doesn't mean it sounds dated. Reminding
me a bit of the Canterbury scene it rather sounds fresh and inventive
and made me listen more than once despite the length.

I'm not enough into the mixing game to give very knowledgeable comments,
but I like how every instrument is clearly audible and in good balance
with each other. There's also a pleasant feeling of space (maybe except
for the most 'crowded' parts).

Very cool drumming. If those are programmed I'll have to throw away
quite some prejudice regarding the capabilities of 'drum machines'

Thank you for sharing!

Al F