Re: [LAU] Found ALSA driver for Behringer FCA202 (Firewire)?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2015 - 21:08:41 EEST

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:36:34 +0200
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 08/14/2015 03:14 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:
> > This seems to be a 4.x addition.
>
> snd-bebob by Takashi Sakamoto has been in the kernel since 3.16 so well
> over a year: https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Release_Notes

Must be my setup, as I've been testing with Ardour4.2 & jack using the
ALSA driver and I don't see snd-bebob loaded, only snd_firewire_lib,
firewire_ohci and firewire_core. I didn't have this issue until I'd upgraded
to 4.1 so I guess I'd successfully delayed the problem until now.

On the plus side, I've been testing this morning with the above setup
under kernel 4.1.4 on an Arch system and I have over 3.5 hours recorded of
all 16 channels from my mixer without a single xrun. There are still some
glitches - I have to start JACK twice as the first attempt fails, and I see
dmesg errors about DMA contexts, but the second time seems to work.