Re: [LAU] RPi based audio metering device (EBU R128 etc.)

From: laulau <till@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2015 - 23:03:13 EEST

Hey Robin & Fons,

thanks for the replies.
Robin: I must admit that i didn't know the RPi is capable of OpenGL. I
have the "old" RPi (B Version) but as far as i googled, it could do
OpenGL as well, so i will try to run LV2.

Fons: i found your jmeters before and obviously it is great that they
have correct response. I must admit though, that i am not a big fan of
the analog meter style (probably i am just not used to it) and i didnt
find the digital style jackmeters have, or is it already there but just
not documented?

At the TV station i work at we have the RTW TM7
https://www.rtw.com/de/produkte/audio-monitor/touchmonitor-tm7.html

Robin: I never quite understood advantage of the loudness radar which
the RTW device also feautres vs. a horizontal way of displaying the
programs loudness... i think something like the ebumeter combined with
yass oscilloscope (with an additional timescale) would be perfect to get
a quick overview of the dynamic range...

To both of you thanks for your excellent work, i try to get the
"perfect" layout figured out.

cheers,t.