Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 102, Issue 23

From: Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 23 2015 - 16:40:21 EEST

------------------------------

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:47:22 +0200
> From: Beno?t Rouits <brouits@email-addr-hidden>
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: Re: [LAU] Linux/JACK app for room eq / speaker
> design-analysis
>
> Le 22/08/2015 19:49, Mac a ?crit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > After spending time trying to get RoomEqWizard (REW) to use Jack
> > effectively and simply getting frustrated I'm looking for other tools.
> > (REW is a nice tool but it doesn't support JACK natively and I tried
> > fooling it with alsa etc., but I think PulseAudio was getting in the
> way.)
> >
> > I ended up using jaaa and japa from Fons Adriensen which work great.
> >
> > But, I'd like to be able to save the display.
> >
> > I suppose I could use screen shots for each test and that would be fine.
> >
> > But, I thought I'd see if anyone knows a Linux tool that can do
> > waterfall plots, frequency response, etc. Maybe even distortion.
> >
> > Any recommendations?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mac
> >

> QLoud. http://gaydenko.com/qloud/ I use it, and it works great.
> I use also QSpeaker for design. http://brouits.free.fr/qspeakers/
> Cheers,
> - Ben

I tried for a long time to get QLoud to build on my PC with no success. I
have QT 5 and QLoud has some clash between QT4 and 5. (I'm on Ubuntu Studio
14.04, plus I do dev work in PYQT5)
Looks like QSpeaker requires QT4 as well.

Apparently QAppliction is now in QWidgets. I poked around the web and tried
several "fixes" proposed in several threads, no luck.