Re: [LAU] jack-rack poll

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 23 2015 - 18:33:12 EEST

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, david wrote:

>>> 1. How much is jack-rack used? Especially how much is it used by Ubuntu
>>> users.
>>> 2. Is there a replacement for jack-rack?
>
> I plan to use it someday ...
>
> I just checked Debian Sid and it's still there.
>
> Why did Debian drop it? Isn't the most common reason a lack of a maintainer?

That is the reason, yes. Often the project is considered complete by the
author and so no updates are done. The problem with this is the graphic
libraries are not complete and do keep changing and at some point
applications will no longer run on the newer libs. We lost GCDMaster the
same way. There has been really IMO, no good replacement for it either.

So the trouble is, "it works, whats to update?", tends to fail
eventually.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net