Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: How to run jack at 8kHz sr?

From: Alessio Degani <alessio.degani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2015 - 02:18:48 EEST

On 17/09/2015 23:13, Alexandre DENIS wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:57:08 +0200
> Alessio Degani <alessio.degani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 17/09/2015 18:01, Alexandre DENIS wrote:

>> Good hint!
>> Humm... never thougth to use the "dummy" driver.
Hi,
> Hi,
>
> It's a classical trick to decouple jackd from device, e.g. to make a
> jack session survive an USB device disconnect.
>
>> It seems to work, but I see aliasing :)
> Isn't it precisely to investigate these issues that you wanted to try
> 8kHz?
Actually no... I want to test if the algorithm works equally well (at
least in the reduced bandwidth given by the 8 kHz sampling) with respect
to the 44.1 kHz sample rate case!
That's becouse the target hardware has a low sample rate, but with a
proper anti-aliasing filter.
For now, I'm designing the algorithm on a PC with jack mainly for 2 reasons:
1- Debugging is far more simple
2- I don't have the target hardware yet :)

>> Maybe I've to put a ladspa low-pass near 4 kHz just after my signal
>> source?
> Of course you cannot output anything higher than the Nyquist frequency.
> If your source is higher frequency than output and you need
> downsampling, a brickwall low pass filter is necessary.
Sure... I was thinking that jack 'dummy' driver takes care of
resampling, but clearly that's not the case (as I mentioned before, I've
never used the dummy driver before :) )

> BTW why did you reply privately and not to the list?
Sorry... my fault! My email client WAS configured to 'reply to list' by
default, but for some reason something went wrong!

Cheers

--
a.