Re: [LAU] [ANN] Summer'15 release frenzy wrap up!

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2015 - 01:27:12 EEST

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 23:15:26 +0100
Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello?
>
> Summer'15 release frenzy is not over yet!... well, it's only over on the
> 'equinox' anyway...
>

> * QmidiNet - A MIDI Network Gateway via UDP/IP Multicast *
>
> QmidiNet [1] 0.3.0 has been released!
>
> QmidiNet [1] is a MIDI network gateway application that sends and
> receives MIDI data (ALSA-MIDI and JACK-MIDI) over the network, using
> UDP/IP multicast. Inspired by multimidicast [4] and designed to be
> compatible with ipMIDI [5] for Windows.
>
> Website:
> http://qmidinet.sourceforge.net
>
> Project page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidinet
>
> Downloads:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidinet/files
>
> - source tarball:
> http://download.sourceforge.net/qmidinet/qmidinet-0.3.0.tar.gz
>
> - source package:
>
> http://download.sourceforge.net/qmidinet/qmidinet-0.3.0-8.rncbc.suse132.src.rpm
>
> - binary packages:
>
> http://download.sourceforge.net/qmidinet/qmidinet-0.3.0-8.rncbc.suse132.i586.rpm
>
> http://download.sourceforge.net/qmidinet/qmidinet-0.3.0-8.rncbc.suse132.x86_64.rpm

Interesting. I really must find time to play with this.

So, I could have Rosegarden running on my laptop as a pure alsa sequencer and
my DAW with a proper soundcard and decent pair of speakers doing the grunt
work :)

My lappy does both wired and wireless (thanks Harry!) network so it'd be
interesting to see the difference.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk