Re: [LAU] "droning" project: 249-257

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 01 2015 - 04:34:20 EEST

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:13:17 +0200
Nils Gey <ich@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Congratulations. It is very early here and I have read this on my
> smartphone and now I had to get up from bed. I have very little
> reasons to get up early, but bullshit is one of them.

You see, these are the effects of music at 440Hz <g>

> I know you quoted this. But why? What is that even supposed to mean?

Just to make it short regarding "universal frequencies" and sound.

> You can't just (re-)post something like this without saying why 440
> isn't "mathematically consistent".

Well, it was a debate and is still is one. 440Hz was adopted in 1955.
That does not mean that since that time people can sleep peacefully and
never wake up for bullshit, oder ?

> Actually, straight to the point: This is nonsense and you shouldn't
> perpetuate statements like these uncritically anywhere.

Maths could be nonsense, I agree. After all, it could turn out that 1
plus 1 does not equal 2.

Nor that C becomes an integer number at all octaves, and one that is
consistent with today's binary system, when the tuning is A 432Hz.

Instead of replicating the table here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_pitch

For the mathematical relation with other cycles and harmonies in many
things the universe (after all even the atoms are vibrating), I haven't
looked in detail, but since these are, after all, maths, sleep should
not be disturbed.