Re: [LAU] ffplay and alsa buffers

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 07:25:51 EEST

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015, Peter P. wrote:

>> Is the wlan doing anything at all? I once had this same problem that I could
>> only fix by unloading the wlan kernel module. It seemed it was scanning for
>> APs about once a minute.
> My dropouts seem unrelated to network issues, as they happen on ethernet
> as well as on wireless lan connections.

That does not follow. I got xruns from the wireless even when not
connected to any network, until I unloaded the wireless kernel module. So
long as the wireless module is active at all, it can do bad things. See
the comments in other messages for work arounds other than module unload.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net