Re: [LAU] Diagnosing JACK

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 09 2015 - 10:58:25 EEST

Hi,

On 09/10/2015 08:05, worik wrote:
> Friends
>
> I am having trouble with JACK and I have no idea how to start diagnosing
> my problems.

> I get no sound through it at all today, neither input nor output.
[...]
> I have had "pulseaudio" apear in the connections window, I was not
> seeing that when the system was working.

Pulsaudio input/output appearing in the connections window without any
explicit intervention on your side might be related to enabling D-bus?

Now, if that is the case, how d-bus got enabled without you explicitly
doing it or if this could really be the cause of your problem is another
matter, but maybe this could be a useful pointer.

> Where do I start? For a start where does JACK put its logs?

Another really trivial yet easily overlooked suggestion is some
application (firefox - or even worst flash-plugin, etc.) 'capturing' the
audio card and preventing jack to start, but in your case if I
understand correctly jack does start?

Finally if there are no evident error messages etc. I know this sounds
trivial again but I've fallen to it many times... maybe it's not a
jack/OS problem at all: e.g. volume turned down on some hardware knob?
Mute button on speakers, sound card etc.? Cable disconnected?

Lorenzo.