Re: [LAU] Diagnosing JACK

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Oct 09 2015 - 15:27:36 EEST

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:47:15 +0000, Kaza Kore wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 08:22:09 +0200
>> From: ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net
>> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>> Subject: Re: [LAU] Diagnosing JACK
>>
>> On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:05:44 +1300, worik wrote:
>> >I have had "pulseaudio" apear in the connections window, I was not
>> >seeing that when the system was working.
>>
>> I don't understand why people install pulseaudio, if they don' know
>> how to use it.
>>

>Generally PEOPLE don't install PulseAudio, rather it is installed by
>default as an integral part to most Linux distributions these days and
>there is no option not to have it installed and you can not even
>remove it! So why have a bitch about something which isn't a user
>choice and I know full well you are aware of that fact!

Btw. you didn't help the OP, right?

JFTR Most of my reply were answers to the OP's questions, before
others gave the same answers:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 08:22:09 +0200
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Subject: Re: [LAU] Diagnosing JACK

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:05:44 +1300, worik wrote:
>I have had "pulseaudio" apear in the connections window, I was not
>seeing that when the system was working.

I don't understand why people install pulseaudio, if they don' know how
to use it.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/572120/how-to-use-jack-and-pulseaudio-alsa-at-the-same-time-on-the-same-audio-device

I don't know how to use it, but I never installed pulseaudio and never
will install it.

>For a start where does JACK put its logs?

If you run jackd in a terminal, the output is shown by the terminal.

If you run jackd using Qjackctl, on the left side push the middle
button named "Messages".

Regards,
Ralf

PS: You should mention what distro/release you are using and how
you start jackd.