Re: [LAU] What happens (or not) if one use the active d-bus interface option in QjackCtl ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Oct 10 2015 - 20:47:31 EEST

On 10.10.2015, at 16:19, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> An interesting side note:
> I have the AudioPCI installed only so I can use its MIDI port. The MIDI port is available no matter which device is set with jackd/bus. I use a2j_control to bridge alsa MIDI to jack MIDI (a2j_control ehw start).

There's just one disadvantage for MIDI devices, while it's possible to rename audio devices, it has got no impact to the MIDI names of the same devices. I have a PCIe card and two identical PCI cards. Connections with the PCI cards can only be made manually, aj- connect and qjackctl can not restore connections with the PCI cards. The cards can be distinguished when manually connecting MIDI with qjackctl.

Regards,
Ralf